2. Maisel Synagogue
First built in 1592 by the rich Mayor Mordechai Maise, Maisel was a Renaissance building until a massive fire took place in 1689, and it was rebuilt in the Baroque style. While all that is left of the original structure is the central hall of the women’s section, it is now one of the Jewish quarter’s staple buildings. Since 1960 it has displayed Jewish silver, textiles, and books, originally brought to Prague by the Nazis. Serving as a gateway to the history of Jewish culture in Prague, the synagogue also serves as a compliment to the Jewish Museum.