Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took a moment today to remember the names of the five victims of yesterday’s terror attacks in Tel Aviv and just outside Jerusalem.
Posting the names to social media, Bibi wrote a brief bio about each victim. It should be noted he also included the name and info of Shadi Arafa, a Palestinian and not an Israeli citizen, who was fatally shot in the driveby shooting reportedly perpetrated by Palestinian assailants.
READ the statement below:
Yesterday Palestinian terrorists murdered four Israelis and a Palestinian bystander. Two of the victims were stabbed in Tel Aviv, three others were shot in Gush Etzion south of Jerusalem. They are:
1. Reuven Aviram, 51, from Ramleh. He leaves behind a wife and a 26 year-old son. Aviram made Aliyah to Israel from the former Soviet Union in 1990.
2. Aharon Yesayev, 32, from Holon. He leaves behind a wife and five children. His youngest child is just two months old. Aharon worked at the electronics store in the building where he was murdered in cold blood.
3. Ezra Schwartz, 18, an American student from Boston who was spending his gap year before college at a yeshiva in Beit Shemesh. Ezra and his friends visited Gush Etzion to deliver food to lone soldiers.
4. Yaakov Don, 49, from Alon Shvut. He leaves behind a wife and four children. Don was an educator who loved his students.
5. Shadi Arafa, 24, a Palestinian bystander from Hebron, who was returning home from work. The terrorist thought that Shadi was a Jew.
Radical Islamic terrorism knows no boundaries. It seeks to destroy us all – in Tel Aviv, Gush Etzion, Paris and Mali. We must all unite to fight and defeat it.